A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Research Sales Support Specialist works in a high-energy, dynamic, and rewarding team environment focused on delivering a better customer experience for the North American Commercial Sales Teams and our end customers.
Research Sales Support and Specialty Business is part of the Customer Excellence organization, providing support to North America Customers and Business Partners with pre-and post-sales support via Specialty Business Sales Support, Customer Excellence Effectiveness, Technical Service, Cash Collections and Customer Care functions
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Take ownership of all Rated Orders and ensure that there is adherence to all rules stated in the Defense Production Act.
- Coordinate with Legal, Supply Chain, Planning, Research & Applies Sales, Distribution, and the end customer to ensure that all mandatory verbiage and signature are present on the customer hard copy.
- Work with Supply Chain & Planning to get delivery dates for out-of-stock products.
- Monitor all open Rated Orders to ensure that they ship on time or, if not, communicate to customers prior to missing the shipment date.
- Maintain all the order information on the main spreadsheet (or equivalent tool) and ensure all paperwork related to the Rated Orders is housed in the Rated Orders Teams site.
- Participate in meetings with Supply Chain to determine which orders receive product when conflicts arise.
- Work with Order Resolution, Supply Chain, and Distribution to reserve products, create deliveries, and ship orders.
- Participate in audit requests.
- Support other Sales Support activities as needed.
- Utilize SAP and other customer service applications that house customer information, policies, and procedures.
- Adapt quickly to frequently changing applications and departmental and divisional policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model of MilliporeSigma's values and best-in-class business practices.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of customer-facing support or sales support experience
- Associates Degree or higher
- Knowledge of SAP systems, and/or Salesforce
- Experience with ERP and internet tools
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219366
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time