Job ID: 487765
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package, and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
The Sales Representative administers sales activities within the assigned territory. This position sells and promotes products to current and potential customers. The position provides quality customer service.
What you'll be contributing:
- Establishes and maintains contact with product manufacturers, dealers, and other contractors. Visit customer and contractor job sites regularly.
- Promote and sells products cost-effectively by giving promotional presentations and participating in promotional meetings and seminars.
- Calls contractors before and after lettings to obtain information on job interest, contracts, and product price information.
- Tracks and records bids utilizing Bid History and SFDC.
- Attends bid lettings and participates in the strategic planning, pricing, and bidding of special projects and construction work.
- Keeps the bid calendar up to date with projects in the territory.
- Provides quality customer service and assists in resolving customer complaints timely.
- Keeps credit department advised of any existing or potential credit problems and supplies them with financial information on current and prospective accounts.
- Organizes and executes plant tours for customers.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains awareness of current industry trends and practices by attending professional association meetings and educational workshops.
- Provides price quotes and changes to customers and informs management of any deviation prices.
- Makes promotional calls on DOTs, City/County Engineers and Public Works, Consultants, and Geo-techs in your territory.
- Maintains an up-to-date contact list and schedules regular visits to either private consulting/design firms or local, county, or state agencies each week.
- Maintains a relationship with the industrial companies in the territory.
- Appraises and informs management of opportunities and competitive conditions in assigned territory.
- Collaborates with other employees of the company to coordinate and improve marketing, advertising, promotion, pricing, service, credit, and delivery.
- Participates in establishing and reaching sales forecast goals and updates the working forecast on a monthly basis for both dealer and direct work.
- Participate in the SPI meetings. Communicate customer quality and service needs with plant and terminal management.
- Obtain competitive cement samples.
- Prepares written and/or digital reports and correspondence regarding sales activities.
- Utilize salesforce.com to log weekly sales calls and keep current customer information.
- Participate in State and Regional Concrete Associations and provide leadership in those organizations to benefit the company.
- Maximize sales budget to maintain long-term relationships with current customers and develop relationships with potential customers.
What's next for you?
- Ability to read, write, and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred 4 Year - Bachelor's Degree in business management, sales purchasing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales representative or similar role.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 85%
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The physical demands, working environment, and other conditions of employment listed in this document are representative of but are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the requirements for positions in this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Dec 11, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Sales Rep, Business Manager, Consulting, Sales, Management, Technology
This job has expired.