SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Provide technical assistance in the integration of Kollmorgen products into customer applications. Support sales staff in determining optimal application of company product based on customer requirements. Prepare and present demonstrations of company products. Prepare and provide training and follow-up technical support for customers and distributors. Provide management of pre-sales projects with critical customers.
This position will be joining the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is part of Altra (AIMC).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Provide pre-sale technical and applications support to both internal and external customers in the form of sizing and selection of motors, drives, controls, actuators, etc.
- Responsible for product selection assistance to customer and customer liaison of assigned products for designated territories and accounts.
- Interprets customer needs and aids the customer in defining technical and commercial requirements
- Responds with product proposal including technical description and pricing
- Assists customers and distributors with product identification and assists with progression of obsolete or competitive product to current product offering
- Provides technical drawings or product specifications when needed
- Works with field sales to manage assigned accounts for product direction, profitability, growth, and achieving sales objectives
- Coordinates activities (training, visits) in territory or customer set in partnership with Field Sales, Product Management and Operations as appropriate
- Professional communications via telephone, e-mail, letters and in person
- Processes and documents special pricing requests and engineering requests and follows up to make sure requests are completed and presented to customers
- Uses computer-based tools extensively to drive to "paperless" organization
- Assists in developing standard policies and procedures to support continuous improvement initiatives and metrics
- Business Travel as required
Job Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or comparable field of study)
- Customer interface or application engineering experience is a plus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.