RN Utilization Management l - Outpatient - REMOTE (JR97070)
Location: Must reside in the state of Florida, within 50 miles/1 hr commute to our Tampa or Miami offices. Remote.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. Rotating Holidays - typically 2 per year.
The Nurse Medical Management l is responsible to collaborate with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources. Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources. Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care and accurate claims payment. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts care coordination or discharge planning for appropriateness of treatment setting reviews to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
- Ensures member access to medically necessary, quality healthcare in a cost effective setting according to contract.
- Consult with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
- Collaborates with providers to assess member's needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
- Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
- Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Current active unrestricted RN license to practice as a health professional within the scope of practice in the state of Florida
- Minimum of 2 years acute care clinical experience.
- Clinical experience working in an outpatient setting such as Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facility, Rehabilitation facility, Clinic, etc.
- Experience in Utilization Review for outpatient services, DME, etc a plus.
- Managed care experience a plus.
- Discharge Planning, Case management, experience working with individuals with chronic illnesses and diseases.
- Telephonic Nursing experience a plus.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This job has expired.