NGHS: Opportunities thrive here.
Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) offers a comprehensive benefits program, which provides flexibility for employees' diverse and changing needs. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K with match.
NGHS also offers tuition reimbursement for employees who are interested in advancing or continuing their education. We reimburse up to $5,500 per degree program, which is pro-rated for part-time employees.
At NGHS, health and well-being have always been cornerstones for our patients as well as our employees. That's why we offer valuable resources and programs to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle.
What does this mean for you? With NGHS' health and welfare benefits, you and your family have the opportunity to:
• Stay healthy with comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
• Enjoy tax savings with flexible spending accounts and health savings account
• Experience the security and peace of mind with Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for our Neuro ICU Unit in Gainesville.
Part-Time Night Shift (7p-7a)
Neuro Intensive Care Unit is a 6-bed unit with all private rooms. Patients receive physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support for themselves and their families. Care is provided for patients including but not limited to:
We're looking for someone who
- Manage ischemic stroke including those patients undergoing thrombectomy
- Manage hemorrhagic stroke including intracranial hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage patients s/p coil embolization
- Manage cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure
- Monitor abnormal electrical activity of the brain for patients with intractable seizure
- Manage patients with other neurological disorders such as Guillain-Barre' Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, and ALS
- Mange patients with hemodynamic instability and/or airway and respiratory compromise
Job Specific & Unique Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related team successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
- Demonstrate basic assessment skills
- Demonstrates the 5 rights of medication administration
- Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process using the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Understands & complies with all DNV standards
- Accesses and follows policies
- Provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient/family
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service behaviors
- Plans patient care based on assessment
- Displays basic prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly recognize & anticipate changes in patient status and takes appropriate action while maintaining professional composure
- Participates in the enhancement of the nursing profession and supporting the community
Normal duties may involve contact or potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is to be used whenever potential existsMinimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Associate Nursing degree.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.One-year experience as a professional RN.
- Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs
- Frequent kneeling/stooping/bending
- Frequent standing/walking
- Frequent pushing/pulling
- Frequent intensive work, requires reading, writing, reasoning, & talking
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
National certification in clinical specialty, as eligible
Membership in a professional organization
*New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the RN Residency Program. Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.