The Retail Sales & Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the K-State Super Store (KSSS) brand and retail locations. Responsibilities include managing sales and operations, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, handling personnel, accounting, strategic partnership relations, marketing (including e-comm) and loss prevention.
The Sales & Operations is also ultimately responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout all brand experiences; whether in-store, on-location and/or digitally. This level of manager is a role model and leader that must communicate effectively, solve problems, make informed decision, and manage the business and workforce effectively in order to achieve maximum results
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring of the most qualified managers to meet the store's needs.
- Conducts training and coaches the management staff in execution of daily takes and to maximize sales.
- Participates in administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Approves sales promotion activities and pricing
- Ensures cohesiveness of Company brands and image.
- Reviews operational reports and records to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, monitor store profitability, and manages payroll budgets.
- Analyzes marketing potential of new and existing channels.
- Ensures proper channels of communication between KSSS, Corporate Partners and other HBI business units.
- Oversees compliance of all KSSS actions according to established Company and Legal policies and procedures, such as safekeeping of company funds, property, personnel practices, security, sales and record keeping procedures, and overall maintenance of the locations.
- Helps solve problems affecting the stores service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Complies with safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Develops and implement strategic sales plans to align with Company Goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Assists Store Manager and other key KSSS employees with maintaining external relationships to successfully hit targets of sales and profit.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Ensures newly hired or transferred employees complete position specific training and developmental plan.
- Completes position specific training plan, and engages in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Leads inventory cycle counts and updates inventory to ensure accurate in-stock information for customers.
- Manages door to floor merchandise preparation (receiving) process including any re-ticketing and re-packaging execution.
- Responsible for all stockroom processes, work safety initiatives, facility equipment, and enables efficient execution of support processes.
- Owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes.
- Fulfills e-commerce and phone orders accurately and timely while completing SOP on each transaction.
- Drives equipment and software operations including secure storage, replacement, physical tracking and upgrades.
- Collaborates with I.T. support on equipment needs for in-store and office
- Upholds and contributes to HanesBrand's Code of Conduct, Vision, Mission and Values.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field required.
- Five or more years of experience as a Sales Manager or Operations Manager.
- Five or more years of retail or related customer experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to seize the vision and direction of the entire corporation and incorporate into the assigned department.
- Ability to work with limited supervision highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work with other leaders and department heads effectively to further the goals of the company.
- Experience with purchasing, open-to-buy, go-to-market planning and brand development.
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), experience with Shopify.
- Resourceful and well organized, works well under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: