Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
Reporting to the Director of Residential Education, the Resident Director is a professional, 12-month, live-in position responsible for supporting the mission of the University by developing residential living environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population and supporting the holistic development of approximately 3500 campus residents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage a residential area of 200 to 800 residents.
* Manage residence hall facility, occupancy issues and campus critical incident response
* Develop specialized programming in the residence halls, which may include the management and growth of Themed Living Communities (TLCs) and Living Learning Communities (LLCs).
* Supervise and provide professional development to resident assistants and/or graduate assistants.
* Liaison with administrators, faculty and staff.
* Active participation in the student conduct process.
* Oversee hall government.
* Active participation in staff recruitment, selection and training.
* Support large-scale campus events.
* Master's degree.
* Direct or transferrable experience or comprehensive knowledge of Residential Life.
* Established record of accomplishment promoting student development programs and cultivating positive relationships that cultivate a comprehensive student-centered organization.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong counseling skills.
* Supervisory experience.
* Passion for and experience with working with students, families, and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
* Exhibit good professional judgement and the ability to work in a team environment.
* Good computer skills and a familiarity with technology.
* Ability and willingness to work on-call on a duty rotation basis, evenings and weekends.
* Higher education administrative experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references (including student) to email@example.com
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago