Research Program Coordinator
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine is seeking a Research Program Coordinator who will administratively coordinates protocol implementation for a clinical research study. Screen and recruit eligible patients for study participation. Collaborate with research team in the development of research instruments and forms. Collect research data and manage study databases. Coordinate meetings with study investigators, prepare project progress reports. Conduct literature searches, assist with manuscript preparation, and provide administrative support for grant applications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Serve as study coordinator NIH funded research study.
- Develop and implement manual of procedures.
- Recruit and screen potential study participants according to protocol's inclusion and exclusion criteria; be knowledgeable of the protocol so that study activities are completed correctly and completely.
- Serve as liaison between multiple collaborators and disciplines, including physicians, clinic administrative staff, schools, lab facilities, and pharmacies.
- Be responsible for the coordination of services and the communication of pertinent information to all study participants.
- Track visit completion, inform them of upcoming scheduled clinic appointments, and manage study procedures concerns and/or issue that arise during visit assessments.
- Assist in the preparation of IRBs, DSMB, and sponsor reports.
- Will run data queries as requested. May be responsible for providing Principal Investigator a weekly study status report covering recruitment and retention of participants.
- Ensure proper written informed consent from each study participant is obtained prior to entering study; ensure that the original signed and dated consent from for each study participant is filed in participants' research record.
- Conduct and track follow-up assessments in a timely fashion. Responsible for troubleshooting participant difficulties with assessment completion.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding the sensitivity and confidential nature of patient information and data quality guidelines.
- Schedule investigator meetings, data management meetings, or any study specific meetings.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to report on recruitment progress. May make recommendations for resolutions to new/outstanding operational issues.
- May assist in coordinating study(s) meetings, including developing an agenda and reports.
- Input, organize, edit, and verify accuracy of data in databases.
- Responsible for requesting and coordinating pharmacy refill records and current medication treatment plans.
- Responsible for tracking, quality control, and cleaning of study devices.
- Exercise good judgment, tact, and sensitivity at all times while working in a busy hospital clinic environment.
- Conduct study visits over the phone or in person.
- Conduct research visits according to protocols that may include clinical research tests such as spirometry and 6 minute walk tests.
- Work independently and under the direction of the Senior Research Program Coordinator to ensure successful completion of the clinical research study.
- Responsible for placing study supply orders using the SAP ordering system.
- Knows the informal policies, procedures, and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific section, unit, or work area. Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Makes decisions and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations.
- Will work directly under the supervision of the Senior Research Program Coordinator and Principal Investigator.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interviewing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required and some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience.*
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks, detail oriented, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, ability to use personal computer; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Database and spreadsheet knowledge.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Certifications:
- No requirements but training will be provided on study procedures.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs from ground and carry.
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:30am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM DOM Pulmonary
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21224/821393400/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.