Research Program Assistant II
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Research Program Assistant II to work under the direct supervision of the Research Program Manager. The Research Program Assistant II will assist in the day-to-day logistical and operational tasks of respiratory virus research studies, including those on COVID-19 and influenza. The Research Program Assistant II is responsible for recruiting and enrolling study participants, and the organization, entry, maintenance and accuracy of all clinical research data for large research studies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis; the Research Program Assistant II will perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Collects respiratory and blood samples from ED patients
- Collects, enters, and compiles clinical data from a variety of sources
- Communicates with study participants regarding study activities and follow-up appointments
- Assists in developing recruitment strategies and tools for data collection
- Maintains good working knowledge of all assigned protocols and reporting requirements
- Adheres to all protocol requirements to ensure the validity of the clinical research data
- With assistance, prepares and submits annual renewal requests, amendments and adverse event reports with clinical input according to IRB and Sponsor requirements
- Prepares recruitment and enrollment reports and liaises with study investigators
- Verifies patient eligibility by comparing patient history with protocol requirements
- Meets regularly with research team to review data accuracy and overall study progress
** JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.****Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.**Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years related experience
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
- Phlebotomy training, demonstrated proficiency or willingness to be trained
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in clinical trials/medical research
- Some college education or Bachelor's Degree in related discipline preferred
- Must be comfortable collecting saliva, urine, or blood samples from patients
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including software applications, databases, mathematical and statistical tools, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines and within a variety of cultures
- This person will be working 40 hours a week.
- Must be available to work 8 hour shifts at a time, between the hours of 8:00 am and midnight, seven (7) days of the week.
- Must be flexible and available to work some evenings and weekends.
Classified Title: Research Program Assistant II
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Varied Hours. 8 Hr Shifts
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus
Department name: Emergency Medicine
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Assistant-II-MD-21287/822318800/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.