CCM R&D is searching for an internship candidate to work on polyurethane adhesive projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Learning about and working with a variety of polymers, fillers, and other small molecules. Subsequent polymerizations, compounding techniques, characterization methods, and a 1-hour presentation to the company at the conclusion will all be necessary for successful completion of the internship.
* Work with Scientist on a well-defined project relating to business goals
* Support Product Development programs through research, formulation, testing, and problem solving
* Develop and document standardized work, equipment capability and repeatability studies
* Prepare and present a report summarizing project work
* Wearing of proper PPE when necessary
* Receive training for various pieces of equipment
* Always working safely and promoting a safe working environment
* Being able to lift containers up to 50 pounds
* Adhering to an assigned schedule
Candidate should be at least a third-year undergraduate student at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in one of the following majors:
* Materials science or engineering, Polymer science or engineering, Chemistry or Chemical engineering
The candidate should have completed coursework that includes general and organic chemistry (12 credit hours), general physics (6 credit hours), and appropriate level mathematics. Some background in statistical methods is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Diego, California
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 10 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!