Provide supervision to graduate students and other research assistants to support evaluation and research activities necessary to programs at William James College. Support the Director of Program Development, Monitoring, and Evaluation through participation in program-specific and departmental meetings, liaising with project directors, aiding social/behavioral science research endeavors, and fulfilling data-related requirements including management, cleaning, and analysis.
- Conduct/supervise systematic literature reviews
- Implement routine data collection procedures
- Conduct routine data management tasks
- Perform advanced quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods data analyses
- Prepare IRB application documents for submission
- Maintain project records and reports as required
- Attend administrative meetings as required
- Perform similar duties as required/directed
- Support Program Director and Assistant Program Director with data and evaluation activities
- Mandatory advanced proficiency in Office Suite
Research Activities and Projects:
Data Entry, Clean up, and Analysis
- Evaluate data quality.
- Assess accuracy of coded qualitative data.
- Organize and manage data storage processes.
- Analyze data using Excel, R, and/or SPSS.
- Extract de-identified data from different platforms for student projects and external statistician.
- Assist the statistician with data conceptualization.
- Craft accessible data visualizations.
Report Writing and Editing
- Experience with report writing for both federal and state grants.
- Ability to mentor graduate students with the design, drafting and completion of evaluation reports.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years' experience
- Preferred: Ph.D. or Master's degree in Applied Social Science Research, Organizational Psychology, Data Science, or Public Health with at least 5 years' experience.
- Experiences in roles requiring diligence, detail orientation, and the practice of analytical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Understanding of social/behavioral science research methods, principles, and ethics.
- Knowledge and/or education in program monitoring and evaluation, health and human services, and/or public health systems.
- Functional capabilities in computational data analyses via Excel, R, Python, and/or SPSS.
- Functional capabilities in qualitative data frameworks via NVivo, MAXQDA or other qualitative data analysis software.
- Reference management experience, preferably with dedicated software such as EndNote or Zotero.
- Familiarity with effective organizational and team-management methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience designing topic guides for qualitative data collection and surveys, preferable with Qualtrics.
- Experience with developing logic models for programs.
- Grant writing experience.
- Experience with evaluating academic programs or experience working as a research associate in an academic setting a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with the underserved population or interest in behavioral/ mental health issues or social justice.
- Applicant must be able to assume employment in the U.S. without College sponsorship.
To apply, please visit our career center: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=40dab9cd-14a1-4d29-b356-da8c9cb6fb6f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
Applications will be reviewed when submitted, and considered until the position is filled.
Inclusive Excellence at William James College: William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
This job has expired.