Working under general supervision of a manager or project leader and following established policies and procedures, aids with research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: collecting and organizing study data; scheduling appointments; tracking equipment use, calibration, location; ordering supplies and equipment; transferring samples/specimen; maintaining and updating data generated by the study; maintaining regulatory documentation; tracking expenditures. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone considering a career in the healthcare field to interact with patients and develop clinical skills in terms of learning how to obtain a medical history and understand patient issues and concerns. The study is a national multicenter prospective study on Patient Centered Outcome Research.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating IRBs, submitting IRBs and keeping log of patient encounters. Provides assistance for research studies as per guidelines and protocols.
- Transfers specimen collected from studies to storage, assay facilities, etc using standard and study-specific procedures. Inventories and sorts samples per individual study requirements. Maintains freezers containing stored specimen. Maintains and continually updates database of specimen location and status.
- Serves as a liaison between investigators and assay labs. Assists investigators and study teams with merging assay results into database files. Tracks assay status of samples for studies. Keeps records of specimen activity for chargeback to studies.
- Orders supplies and equipment for studies. Maintains inventory of study supplies, records of equipment maintenance, calibration, and repair. Monitors and sets up equipment. Moves specimen, supplies, and equipment between offices, storage space, and laboratory space so that necessary materials are in the location needed at the time they are needed. Places purchase orders and maintains records of purchases.
- Acts as a central liaison for investigators to schedule and process payments for professionals. Maintains calendars and other records of availability, appointments. Prepares invoices and keeps payment records for professionals.
- Maintains financial records, keeps inventories, prepares invoices and journal entries, tracks monthly expenditures and income for Core service. Serves as a contact between investigators, study teams, and Core for financial-related issues. Reconciles expenditures and income for specific projects.
- Organizes and processes study data. Creates and maintains databases/files containing study data using standard Division practices; scores written tests and questionnaires using standard score sheets and criteria; enters scores into worksheets and databases; compiles data from multiple testing sessions/subjects for data analysis; reviews study records to determine whether specific tests, samples, or other data were not collected according to protocol, enters such information into tables, edits such information from dataset copies using standard Division practices; performs statistical and graphical analysis.
- Assists Investigators and other study personnel in executing studies. Carries out standard and study-specific events as outlined in the study orders, DSCD/CCI SOPs, and other written documents. Drafts and/or modifies written procedures for study-specific events/data procedures. Acts as a liaison between Investigators, hospital staff, CCI technical staff, administrative staff, subject recruiters, and research subjects to identify areas for quality and workflow improvements.
- Assists Investigator in research activities. Performs literature searches, reviews literature, enters papers into reference database, compiles and checks reference lists for manuscripts, grants, and other written reports. Drafts text for reports, manuscripts, abstracts, grants. Assists in preparation of IRB, CTSC, and other applications, as well as grants. Assists in orienting and training new employees.
- Follows Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Radiation Safety and other guidelines as mandated by BWH, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies; follows HIPPA and Human Research guidelines as mandated by DHHS. Follows all standard operating procedures for Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Center for Clinical Investigation, and BWH; follows study-specific procedures.
- Performs all others duties, as required
Qualifications Qualifications:BA or BS, prefer degree in health science, biology, humanities.Computer program proficiency (Microsoft Office)Strongly prefer individual with prior experience working with subjects/patients, and working on a research team.Minimum two year commitmentSkills:
- Occasional weekend work may be required but will be compensated for an equal time-off during a week-day as chosen by the applicant.
- Requires commuting to other sites using Partners HealthCare shuttle.
- Experience in laboratory techniques or related course work at the college level.
- The work takes place in a busy academic/research office setting. Candidate will have a desk in an open area with several other employees.
- Requires daily movement of supplies and specimen between buildings.
- Potential exposure through contact with biological specimens.
- Requires movement of specimen into and out of freezers; requires occasional sorting samples in cold room.
- Ability to work independently in a busy, research, academic, open office setting with other employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, databases, etc.
- Ability to learn new skills and procedures quickly, and perform them independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subject rights and individual needs.
- Must be able to be HIPAA compliant at all times.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This job has expired.