Research Assistant - Data Core
The Neurology Department is seeking a Research Assistant who will support the Brain Injury Outcomes Services (BIOS) Research Program and Clinical Trials Unit, which manages multi-center, 20+ million dollar federally funded clinical trials and multiple site-specific pharmaceutical sponsored trials. This role will be guided to provide data management support to clinical trials, specifically collecting, compiling, and tabulating research study information.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the Direction of & Guidance From the Data Manager:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Assist and provide effective data management support for clinical trial activities.
- Organize materials and maintain filing systems.
- Perform data entry and data editing.
- Conduct routine data export/import procedures.
- Generate and distribute data queries and study progress reports to trial management teams.
- Assist in eCRF design and development, user acceptance testing and user management.
- Developing surveys using Qualtrics or RedCAP.
- Assist in data quality assurance audits under the direction of data manager.
- Maintain multiple on-line regulatory documents.
- Assist with annual reports, IRB applications, and FDA reporting.
- Handle source documents, literature searches, write summaries, assist writing standard operational procedures.
- Provide analytical support to data analyst and research support as required to include PowerPoint presentations and general correspondence.
- Participate in project related meetings and develop/implement needed quality control procedures and tasks.
- Comply with all regulatory and institutional requirements related to clinical research.
- Support all other data management deliverables as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or health discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some experience/exposure with REDCap or EDC systems.
- Analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge in relational databases and modern programming language is preferred but not required.
Classified Title: Research Assistant
Working Title: Research Assistant - Data Core
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Neuro BIOS
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Assistant-Data-Core-MD-21202/821912200/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.