The Institute for Innovation in Development, Engagement, and Learning Systems (IDEALS) is a Center within the Johns Hopkins School of Education committed to ensuring everyone has lifelong access to high-quality care and education.
With partners across the spectrum of child and adult care, education, health and social services, we improve the efficiency and efficacy of systems that govern and deliver services to children, families, and vulnerable adults. At the same time, we work directly with individuals to positively improve their lives by defining new evidence-based practices and services; developing and providing training; inventing beneficial technologies; engaging stakeholders through effective communication strategies; and developing and operating large-scale public policy initiatives in partnership with government, business, and other constituent organizations.
Our team of researchers, practitioners, and experts at the IDEALS Institute work to understand the complexities of large systems and transform their operations into actions that improve the lives of the people who depend on those systems.
We are seeking a Research Assistant who will work on the National Science Foundation (NSF)-funded project: “Engineering for US all (e4usa).” The initial appointment is for the academic year 2021-2022, with expectation for an additional appointment in academic year 2022-2023.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Develop research projects.
- Produce publications.
- Disseminate materials.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing data.
- Assist in the role of university liaison to support the implementation of e4usa curriculum at a local high school.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with research projects, including literature reviews, data collection and management, and academic writing.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Analytical skills such as experience examining data.
Classified Title: Research Assistant
Starting Salary: $20.00/hr
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: 10.0 - 15.0 hrs/ Monday - Sunday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: IDEALS
Personnel area: School of Education
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Assistant-MD-21218/823756300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.