Novelis has an immediate opening for a Reliability (PM-Planned Maintenance) Integration Leader that is focused on World Class Manufacturing (WCM) - a production system that is currently being deployed at Novelis to improve performance. As Novelis continues to integrate World Class Manufacturing into each of the plants, the PM Pillars will be heavily focused on the optimization of Asset Performance, throughout North America.
With the new Focused 5 goals highlighting reduction of "losses" and Asset Performance improvements, this position will be a key part of the North American Plant support system. Other responsibilities may include work with the Regional WCM Steering committee, multiple Master Pillars and training, support and coaching for the PM PKE Training and projects.
In this role, you would report to the Senior Manager of Reliability, for Novelis North America (NNA), and be part of the Manufacturing Excellence Group. This leadership position is a key role in the newly developed "Reliability Center of Excellence". (RCoE) As a member of this team, you would work with, and advise, plant leaders on important reliability processes and strategies to maximize throughput, enhance capital investments and optimize equipment uptime.
As this role has regional responsibility, you will be expected to travel to many of the 16 different plants, on a regular basis. This means that 40% to 60% of the time you could be on the road, or visiting one of our plant locations. However, considerations will be made for a good "work-life" balance. As part of this, good coordination and regular communications with each of the plant leaders will be a key part of your responsibilities, but could also be performed virtually.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems, through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family-oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners and local schools, towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- Drive improvements that promote Novelis' Focused 5 goals, with specific attention to Safety, Operational Excellence, People, Culture and Sustainability.
- Integrate PM Pillar Methodologies into each Plant's Reliability Plans and Improvements, highlighting regional and global Best Practices and Processes
- Support the Reliability CoE Team objectives with:
- Development of a Cohesive Plan to properly support the Region
- Training & Facilitation of PM Methodologies & Tools (how to apply/use)
- Hands-on Coaching for Plants and participation on application of WCM-PM
- Auditing & Assessment of plants' alignment with PM Master Pillar Standards
- Communication & Prioritization of plant PM KPIs, Loss Team Projects, Regional Focus Areas, Corrective Actions and Plant Support needed
- Work with the NNA WCM Coordinator to better align with Regional focus
- Work with Plant PM Pillar Leaders and the Master Pillar to ensure plant Master plans are maintained, the 6 key Pillar Routines are kept up and monthly Assessments are conducted
- Monitor and Coach the use of RCA, RCFA and Mini-RCA Tools to determine Root Causes of Failures, along with completion of Corrective and Follow-up Actions
- Work with the PM Master Pillar and Novelis' Consultants to conduct the Annual PM Assessments, and then review results with each of the plants, afterward
- Help Plant PM Pillars develop improvement plans and support PKE training and projects
Bachelor's degree or Higher
- 6+ years of experience in a heavy manufacturing setting
- Operations, Maintenance or Engineering Leadership experience
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- Equipment Reliability Processes and Practices
- World Class Manufacturing Methodology OR similar (TPM, Lean Manuf.)
- Experience in a Corporate Reliability role in a large Corporation, with multiple sites
- Excellent Computer Skills, and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be comfortable teaching, coaching and presenting to small teams and large groups, at all levels of the organization
- Speaks/Writes English fluently and Communicates effectively
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Reliability field
- 10+ years of experience in an Engineering or Reliability field, with 3+ years in an Aluminum Manufacturing setting
- Trained as a Facilitator for Leading Teams
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- PM Master Pillar Standards and PM Plant Pillar processes
- Lean 6 Sigma or Yellow Belt Continuous Improvement Training
CMRP or CMRT certification (Maintenance & Reliability)
- Continuous Improvement Belt Training/Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience with various CMMS Systems (SAP, Maximo, Oracle)
Novelis' Beachwood Ohio office supports our North American aluminum continuous casting operations including inside sales and customer service.