Improving the Health of our Community in All We Do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are a Registered Nurse who loves a fast- paced environment with multiple demands, a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
Join a team that is known for its teamwork and staff involvement in unit decisions with an active Unit Based Council as part of shared governance.
It gets better - the Team Leader is utilized as a second charge nurse on the busiest days of the week to facilitate complex patient care, patient flow and support of the nursing staff.
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced PRN for our Orthopedic & Neurosurgery Unit in Gainesville.
N4G is a 32-bed unit with all private rooms, 4 rooms equipped to be utilized as negative pressure rooms & 2 rooms equipped with bariatric ceiling lifts. As an orthopedic neurosurgery unit, care is provided for a wide variety of illnesses, including but not limited to:
- Elective orthopedic joint replacement surgeries
- Neurosurgical surgeries
- Orthopedic trauma in times of high census
- Medical overflow in times of high census
- In this busy surgical unit, we average 10+ surgeries daily:
- Total knee replacements - Total hip replacements - IM Nailings Lumbar Laminectomy - Craniotomy
- Thoracic and Lumbar Fusions - Lumbar Drains - External Fixators - Trachs Traction - Anterior Cervical Diskectomy & Fusion
NGHS desires a capable clinician with previous specialty experience preferred, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process. Is a professional member of VOICE professional nursing shared governance providing feedback on issues being addressed at meetings. Participates as a member on VOICE councils and Nursing Quality Teamsas appropriate. Actively participates on Unit Council helping with plans to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators, RN Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Culture of Safety, and Patient Experience data. Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team. Responsible for providing direct and safe patient care based on the nursing process, and for coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and accepts feedback as a constructive professional development tool.We're looking for someone who
Job Specific & Unique Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related team successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
- Demonstrate basic assessment skills
- Demonstrates the 5 rights of medication administration
- Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process using the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Understands & complies with all DNV standards
- Accesses and follows policies
- Provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient/family
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service behaviors
- Plans patient care based on assessment
- Displays basic prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly recognize & anticipate changes in patient status and takes appropriate action while maintaining professional composure
- Participates in the enhancement of the nursing profession and supporting the community
Normal duties may involve contact or potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is to be used whenever potential existsMinimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Associate Nursing degree.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.One-year experience as a professional RN.
- Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs
- Frequent kneeling/stooping/bending
- Frequent standing/walking
- Frequent pushing/pulling
- Frequent intensive work, requires reading, writing, reasoning, & talking
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
National certification in clinical specialty, as eligible
Membership in a professional organization
*New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the RN Residency Program. More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.NGHS is committed to and will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This job has expired.