The Regional Director's primary job function is to be fully accountable for the success of an assigned group of districts and driving sales by directing all operational aspects of district and store operations. The Regional Director is responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders make certain that their store staffs maintain clean, well organized, and properly merchandised stores at all times and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory control to ensure store shrink is within company guidelines by protecting company property and assets. The Regional Director serves as the key strategic partner, and maintains a constant awareness of our competition within an assigned region. Responsible for establishing and maintaining ethical standards as a representative for the company. Sets an example to subordinates in ethical decision making.
Manage and direct a geographic region normally consisting of 8 or more districts. Also may assume supervisory responsibilities for Group Store Leaders based on market demographics and logistics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business needs require.
* Responsible for setting sales and operational goals and expectations, and ensuring that those goals and expectations are achieved.
* Responsible for overseeing the performance management of the Multi-Unit Leadership teams to meet all expectations.
* Schedule regular visits in all stores with Multi-Unit Leaders to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention.
* Ensure that 80% of work time is allocated to store visits.
* Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to Multi-Unit Leaders related to all areas of effective operations.
* Oversee Multi-Unit Leaders' implementation strategies to meet all store performance goals.
* Responsible for establishing sales and operational plans with Multi-Unit Leaders to ensure that all tasks are managed and executed efficiently.
* Responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leader hire qualified candidates and ensure that all associates are properly trained.
* Ensure that Multi-Unit Leaders effectively supervise Store Leaders by planning, organizing and delegating tasks to meet store goals and expectations.
* Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training Multi-Unit Leaders in all aspects of their jobs, and providing appropriate constructive feedback regarding performance and/or conduct.
* Ensure that Multi-Unit Leaders maintain proper staffing levels to meet store needs and that associates properly record hours worked.
* Ensure that Multi-Unit Leaders and Store Leaders are kept current on all policies, procedures, programs and guidelines, and that all stores maintain a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
* Ensure that all associates treat one another and our customers with courtesy and respect.
* Responsible for communicating regularly updates, new information, and concerns regarding competition with the Supervisor, executive leadership, and support partners.
* Develop Multi-Unit Leaders into key strategic partners.
* Identify, develop and coach top performers in operational and people management skills in order to internally promote existing associates.
* Responsible for setting a positive example in all aspects of our business, while maintaining a professional relationship with district leaders, store staffs, guests, and peers.
* Ensure that the region's stores are in compliance with all operational policies, procedures, practices, and directives.
* Responsible for ensuring that all districts and stores are in compliance with compensation guidelines and practices.
LOSS PREVENTION/INVENTORY CONTROL
* Ensure that Multi-Unit Leaders keep their Store Leaders and their staffs in compliance with all sales, exchange and refund policies, including check and credit card acceptance procedures.
* Ensure that Multi-Unit Leaders have their stores conduct inventories timely and accurately.
* Responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders record and assist the store leadership teams in researching any merchandise/asset discrepancies from the inventory/bulk counts.
* Responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders have their stores process accurately and timely all inventory tasks including the following: Price/SKU changes, shipments, defectives, recalls and stock pulls.
* Responsible for ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders make certain that store staffs comply with merchandise checkout and discount policies and have a full understanding of shoplifter apprehension guidelines.
* Maintain competitive awareness by continuously monitoring the competition.
* Serve as the key strategic partner with executive management by proactively implementing strategies to stay ahead of our competition.
* Ensure that the company's goals and values are upheld at all times by communicating standards of operations, and providing direction to the management teams and associates.
* Responsible for overseeing that Multi-Unit Leaders coach and develop their store leadership teams to focus on guest needs, commit to quality, and manage the profitability of their stores.
* Ensuring that Multi-Unit Leaders make certain that all store operational procedures are in place and completed in a timely manner by the Leadership Teams. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all bank procedures are in place, all paperwork is sent to the corporate office, all store records/files/manuals are maintained, and all store expenses are within established guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Ability to move unassisted throughout stores for extended periods of time (up to 12 Hours per day).
* Availability to work extended hours during holiday season and other high traffic periods.
* Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.
* Ability to travel unaccompanied and unassisted via automobile and airplane, with overnight stays to complete store visits.
* Possess strong customer service skills including clear verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 4 year college degree preferred.
* 5 or more years previous multi-unit retail management experience.
* Possess basic mathematical skills and working knowledge of computerized cash register and POS system.
* Basic knowledge of common computer applications including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- 70-80% with overnight stays.
*Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position's purpose may be assigned. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/need.