Safely collect and separate recyclable materials and prepare them for shipping in a safe, efficient manner.
• Separate and sort metals and other materials into burnable and non-burnable.
• Sort through material to remove contamination and prepare for shipping by running aluminum cans through the magnetic separator, compacting newsprint and running loader for mulching.
• Coordinate loading and unloading of trucks.
• Steam clean and wash dumpsters, trucks, and compactors weekly.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• May be required safely operate and maintain machinery used in the process of baling materials
• Maintain safe and clean working environment and appearance of the grounds and facility by sweeping, cleaning, mowing the lawn and picking up and disposing of paper, wire, rope, leaves, grass, wood, dirt, etc.
• Attend safety and branch meetings.
• Oversee site in absence of supervisor.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
• Experience operating recycling equipment desired.
• Operate bobcat, fork lift, trucks, wheel loader, magnetic separator, baler, compactor and any other required equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate with others.
• Must be able to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
• Must be able to complete all duties and run all equipment required for the job.
• Manually lift/move up to 60 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and climb.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our