GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Radiology Tech Aide works as a fundamental part of the Radiology healthcare team. Works under the direct supervision of a licensed Imaging and/or Radiologic Technologist, reporting to the area Clinical Manager. The Radiology Tech Aide is responsible for assisting registered and licensed Imaging and/or Radiologic Technologists and/or other certified/licensed Radiology staff (i.e. medical assistant, Radiologist, nurse, etc.) as instructed during routine procedures (i.e. such as lifting, transporting, and directing patients in and out of the Radiology suite). Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in which quality patient care is delivered.
Staff may be required to float among radiology departments associated with Brigham Health as needed. These sites are, but not limited to: 75 Francis Street Boston, MA; 850 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA; 20 Patriot Place Foxborough, MA; and 711 West Center Street West Bridgewater, MA.
For all positions that include direct patient care, indicate with an "X" the age(s) of all patient populations served
No Direct Patient Care
All age groups
Adolescence (13 to 17 years)
Neonates (birth to 1 month)
Young Adult (18 to 25 years)
Infant (1month to1year)
Adult (26 to 54 years)
Early Childhood (12 months to 5 years)
Senior Adult (55 to 64 years)
Late Childhood (6 to 12 years)
Geriatric (65 years and up)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality patient care.
- Assists in the preparation of patients for imaging exams, providing necessary instructions/directions.
- Prepares exam table/room and assists technologist(s) with patient positioning.
- Prepares and cleans the equipment and scanner room before/after each patient.
- Stocks supplies, linen and other items as needed within the department
- Works collaboratively with technologists and support staff to ensure efficient work flow and optimal utilization of imaging devices.
- Maintains ethical standards (patient confidentiality, professional conduct, etc.).
- Collaborates effectively with all departmental staff and other hospital personnel.
- Exercises sound independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative under pressure and in a variety of situations.
- Rotates within department, divisions and all off site clinics, by shifts as required and needed; cooperates with all personnel, promoting harmony within department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required. Hospital experience in a clinical imaging department preferred. Enrollment in a Medical Assistant program or Radiology Imaging program preferred.SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with clinical imaging setting.
- Interpersonal skills allowing effective communication with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress.
- Communicates in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge and use of hospital information systems relating to patient information and management.
- Awareness of safety standards, established policies, procedures and clinical practice guidelines related to Radiology operations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize clinical workflows.
- Working environment may at times be noisy and experience extreme temperature, humidity, and lighting variations.
- Continuous movement while assisting in patient prep, exam room prep, standing, and lifting equipment.
- Minimal exposure to ionizing radiation and/or magnetic fields and radiofrequencies, when adhering to proper safety guidelines.
- Periodic exposure to biological substances and unpleasant odors (blood, body secretions/waste), communicable and other diseases.
- Considerable stress from dealing with a wide variety of hospital staff, patients and families and internal/external conditions or circumstances.
- Prepared to work holidays and weekends as needed.
NONEHospital Wide Responsibility: These are required of all staff regardless of position.
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners: follow safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners; as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
This job has expired.