Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; and bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The heart of Hendrickson is its people. We are always searching for talented students to join our team, and value the opportunity to develop students' knowledge. An internship or co-op with Hendrickson is a hands-on opportunity for students to bring the classroom to life.
Our commitment to you as a PATH Student Program Member is to deliver you a Real-world, Innovative, Diverse Experience which will set you up for success. We aim to nurture the future leaders of the industry with the passion, creativity, and drive needed to continue down the path of advancing the world around us.
Area of Accountability
Are you looking to gain experience in an engineering test lab environment, focusing on designing test rigs and developing test procedures, working hands-on with product development technicians, and acquiring and analyzing valuable test data for product design and development? If so, the Test Engineer Intern position could be the right fit for you.
- Work with the Product Development Technicians to facilitate test setup, execution, inspection, documentation, and analysis.
- Schedule testing and prototype building.
- Specify and purchase equipment required for projects to properly evaluate product testing.
- Design, develop, and document test procedures to accurately evaluate products. Conduct testing and report on the results.
- Acquire and analyze test data with data acquisition system and other means- report results.
- Assist in the creation of Design Verification Plans (DVP) for products requiring validation physical testing.
- Commitment to a safe work environment via completion of safety training and adherence to standard safety procedures.
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Previous work experience in a test lab, machine shop, or a business setting is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals including but not limited to: statics, dynamics, physics, calculus, and materials.
- Effective oral, written, and PC skills mandatory, with emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice. Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.