Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The primary objective of a quartz maintenance technician is to safely operate a broad range of machines throughout the plant ot produce high-end quartz surfaces.
• Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose the source of trouble.
• Dismantling or partially dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
• Replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock and outside sources.
• Reassembling machines and making necessary adjustments for operation.
• Install or repair water, steam gas, or other types of pipe and pipe fittings; cutting various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with pipe cutting machines; threading pipe with stocks and dies; bending pipe by hand drive or power drive machines; assembling pipe with couplings and fastenings pipe to hangers.
• Perform welding; light electrical jobs and other duties as required to maintain our manufacturing and office facilities.
• Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures on manufacturing and building equipment.
• Informs supervisor of the operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
• Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
• Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Proficient score as defined by Daltile on NOCTI or 4 year degree in related field
• Strong written, oral and communications skills
• Ability to understand and speak basic English
• Good math skills
• Good record keeping skills
• Accurate measurement capability
• Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks
• Ability to wear PPE and maintain company safety policies
Other pertinent job information: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.Employees frequently work under extreme heat or cold weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and in high and/or precarious places, and are exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. Employees occasionally work in confined spaces and are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and caustic chemicals. The noise level is frequently loud.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 39 minutes ago
Posted 39 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our