Daily testing of samples received from production. Timely completion of tests to meet the established testing time. Following GMP documentation guidelines. Basic problem-solving skills and demonstrate trouble shooting ability. Contribute to the team's productivity goals. The colleague should have the ability to follow detailed instructions. Lastly, the successful candidate will be expected to direct and prioritize tasks to ensure that tests and records are completed in an accurate and timely manner providing reliable results, thus ensuring timely product delivery.
Education and Experience
- Conduct vaccine safety/potency testing in animals in accordance with written methods.
- Provide animal care in accordance with written methods.
- Accurately record observations and test results.
- Recognize and report aberrations to the appropriate persons.
- Maintain adequate inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with facility care and maintenance.
- Prioritize daily tasks to ensure that tests will be completed in an accurate and timely manner. Thus, ensuring timely product delivery.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Provide animal care in compliance with Animal Welfare Act, AAALAC guidelines, and cooperate with regulatory inspection agencies.
- Testing of samples from manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance with all applicable regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain testing schedules and reagent inventories.
- Clean, monitor, and maintain lab equipment and facilities.
- Provide basic input for laboratory investigations (LIR).
- Provide basic project support.
- Properly utilize computer software used during routine work.
- Understand and execute excellent aseptic technique.
- Correctly prepare media and reagents.
- Perform egg drilling, candling, and other egg manipulations.
- Perform culture of primary and continuous cell lines.
- Participate in Media Fill inspections.
- Participate in all required training activities.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate basic problem-solving skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Perform basic laboratory math accurately (dilutions, titrations, cell counts, etc).
- Record procedures and results using proper cGMP documentation.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
Physical Position Requirements
- BA/BS STEM Degree or AA with 1-3 years' experience.
- General knowledge of the following software programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to positively embrace change and flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team, and ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
- Gain Proficiency in 50% of the testing in a specified area.
- Able to follow detailed instructions with coaching.
- Knowledge of Basic GLP requirements.
- Basic Problem-solving skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, kneel, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to work scheduled 40 hours with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 5 to 25 lbs.
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting.
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Flexibility to cover rotating weekend duties.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate objects like pipettors, flasks, and bottles.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.