Sonic Industries, Inc. is a leading aerospace fastener company. RBC Bearings is a premier global supplier of custom engineered, precision products to the aerospace and defense industries. RBC / Sonic have an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer I. The Quality Engineer I utilizes a wide range of knowledge and skills to participate in Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement projects and programs. The Quality Engineers are the point of contact for all interfacing of Quality Assurance issues with the respective internal customers. Support for technical and programmatic issues with Inspection (QC).
Key Position Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following and must be performed with limited supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Prepares inspection procedures, and determines appropriate inspection points.
- Reviews work orders and complete instructions specifying inspections to be performed.
- Performs Preliminary Reviews of Non-conformance Inspection Reports and evaluates in-process rejections IAW QA Process Procedures for Non-conforming Material and MRB Activity.
- Performs Contract Reviews.
- Generates Customer MRB Tags and submits to respective Program Customer Interface.
- Has control of respective program non-conforming parts and material in and out of MRB Bond Room.
- Maintains Metrics and prepares reports for management on quality trends
- Leads interdisciplinary teams to address quality problems.
- Assumes primary responsibility for managing moderate size projects.
- Responsible for executing projects in conformance with established policies, practices, and procedures; may develop new practices and procedures when necessary.
- Responsible for preparation and submittal interface with Customer MRB Reject Tags.
- Works independently and uses professional judgment and with limited need for supervision.
- Interfaces with all organizational levels and the customer.
The successful candidate for this job must have educational training and working experience in Quality Assurance or performed at a Quality Engineer working level in a DOD, FAA, Aerospace, Product Manufacturing or Design to Prototype business.
- Knowledge and experienced in the Quality Assurance disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience with drawing interpretation and inspection activities, manufacturing processes and evaluation of problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of aerospace specifications.
- Knowledge of complete manufacturing processes related to product or functional area.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office, Software utilities and application programs.
- Must have experience interfacing with external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work in a “TEAM” teaming environment.
Beneficial Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate all activities necessary for effective project execution by other project participants, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Ability to coordinate activities with multiple groups.
- Ability to analyze and interpret incomplete information; adapts problem-solving approach to variable situations; determines project direction through evaluation of diverse information.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Business or Technical.
- Experience with the processes of FMEA’s, Root Cause Analysis, and Control Planning.
- Preferred mechanical hardware experience, use of gauges, micrometers, and calipers.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering; e.g., reliability; maintainability; producibility; cost analysis; requirements analysis and flow down, etc.
- Knowledge of division products and advanced knowledge of functional or technical area (and all associated processes and documentation).
- Six Sigma experience.
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained.Quality Requirement:
Employees will participate as required in understanding, implementing and maintaining the Company Quality Policy in accordance with AS-9100C and/or ISO-9001:2008 requirements.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This is primarily a sedentary office position with employees working in a controlled office environment. The incumbent answers telephone calls and occasionally bends, reaches, and pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports. Employee moves throughout the building to collect, deliver, and copy documents. The position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data. Finger dexterity may be required to operate typewriter, computer keyboard and calculator.Employer’s Statement:
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The company reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, and a company matched 401k plan.
Please note that the salary range information is only applicable for California. The pay range represents the low and high end of the salary range we reasonably expect to pay for this position at the time of posting. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, education, skills, qualifications, performance, and business or organizational needs. Pay Range: 75,000.00 - $89,000.00 per yearRBC Bearings / Sonic Industries, Inc.
Sonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v
This job has expired.