At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility builds life-changing medicines for people around the world. The modern, vibrant scientific campus employs more than 3000 guides in our field, and it is only a short drive from Washington, DC. It is filled with groundbreaking technology. Our labs spaces were built to facilitate collaboration, interaction and cross functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and encouraged at work. We offer everything from bean bag rooms for creative brain storming, game rooms and Zen garden to treadmill stations and regular campus happy hours. The Gaithersburg site offer a variety of amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines! Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in BioPharmaceuticals.
What you'll do: provide expert technical and analytical support to the Quality Control function including instrumentation and methodology troubleshooting, non-routine analysis, and the evaluation and exploitation of new technology. The individual should be qualified to graduate level/or equivalent in a scientific discipline, with experience of working in a Good Manufacturing Practice laboratory environment. Will have strong knowledge and understanding of analytical chemistry and laboratory instrumentation, as well as Good Manufacturing Practice/Global Laboratory Practice. Must have An understanding of the Quality Control function, and it's role and importance to the business.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, supervision of employees, performance and career management of employees, strategic and tactical planning, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to meet customer and business needs.
- Lead the team in a professional manner, providing performance management, coaching, mentoring, direction, and support for team members.
- Ensure that systems and processes owned by the team are in a state of control and are effectively managed and maintained.
- Assign responsibilities to ensure that workload is managed within the team, ensuring effective use of resources.
- Assign and manage roles and responsibilities within team to ensure clear accountabilities and high-level performance that meets or exceeds customer needs.
- Develop, communicate, and deliver tactical plans to enable team to meet or exceed expectations
- Provide feedback to team, and to other teams that interact with team, to assist with building improved performance.
- Lead and assign projects, and other ad hoc tasks and activities
- Ensure timely completion of all Quality System Records (eg... SOPs, DEVs, CAPAs, trending reports, etc) for team
Crucial Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related subject (eg... Biology)
- 2+ years' experience in a GMP QC Micro lab
- Demonstrated leadership and project management capabilities
- 4+ years of QC laboratory experience
- Experience in Aseptic manufacturing and Biologics
- Post graduate degree such as Masters or PhD in a Science subject
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being bold - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an outstanding fit, please share this posting with them.
This job has expired.