Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio of prescription medicines, aesthetics solutions and consumer care products. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin. For more information, please visit www.galderma.com
The Senior New Products and Innovation Buyer will be responsible for supplier selection and vendor management for the development of OTC and Cosmetic NPI (New Product Innovation) projects under the U.S. Innovation strategy from initiation to product launch. The Senior New Products and Innovation Buyer acts as the primary business partner to the U.S. Innovation Teams.
- Achieve the target cost set-up with the business, while respecting project timelines
- Identify supplier risk exposure and propose mitigation plan (capacity analysis, risk analysis on finished goods, raw and packaging materials, financial health)
- Ensure the business is complying with the Procurement policy and purchasing good practices (RFQ, TQRDCE, non-disclosure agreements, supply and quality agreements, supplier code of conduct, responsible sourcing, payment terms, and contractual cost improvement programs)
- Identify and integrate industrial and purchasing guidelines and constraints
- Obtain agreement of the whole sourcing team (Marketing, Development, and Quality) and of the Global Category Managers on the final sourcing decision. Identify innovations at suppliers, which could be leveraged to accelerate Galderma's business growth
- Develop and share strategic insights to Advanced Sourcing Purchasing Manager and Global Category Managers on key impacts that can affect respective categories over the coming years
- Develop a good knowledge of CMO, CDMO, raw materials and packaging global supply market
- Support Galderma plants and CMOs to prepare and secure the industrial launch of the new products in term of supply, quality and regulatory support and costs.
- Lead Supplier-enabled innovation, by involving multiple functions (procurement, product development, Brand teams) to work together (encouraging stronger cross-functional collaboration and driving internal efficiencies).
- Support the expansion of organizational capabilities by tapping into capabilities and innovations from the external supplier community, to augment R&D capacity
- Other duties as assigned
Other Important Information
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or Engineering field, Business, Procurement, Operations Management, or a related field, required
- Seven (7) or more years of experience as a Buyer is required, within an international company where the Procurement function is recognized as mature, in an industrial and/or research environment (chemistry, pharmaceutical, FMCG)
- Ability to demonstrate FMCG (fast moving consumer good) mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong drive for results.
- Strong organizations skills, capability to manage a high level of details, and ability to handle multiple activities/tasks under pressure.
- Strong understanding of timeline dependencies and how they relate to other activities in the new product development process.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player; Willing to support other team members on a proactive basis in any capacity needed.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Up to 20% travel is required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job has expired.