The Product Data Operations (PDO) team plays a critical role in product development at Meta. We provide data and insights that power artificial intelligence (AI), measurement and insight at the core of all Meta products. The team partners closely with product and engineering teams, internal stakeholders and vendors to provide the human operational rigor required to support some of the most advanced technology at Meta. As a Project Manager on the PDO team, you are responsible for managing data labeling, collection, and annotation programs end-to-end, managing vendor teams to review content that will help engineers train or evaluate models. You will work cross-functionally to scope new projects, and optimize existing programs, proactively surfacing insights, providing recommendations for product improvement, and actively engaging with partners to enhance operational processes across the organization. This role is highly cross-functional and collaborative, requiring you to partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Operations Partnerships, Legal, and Privacy, among other teams. You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, project management, problem solving, and communication to both internal and external colleagues at scale and across multiple timezones.As a PDO Project Manager, you will lead the operations that support Meta's Gen AI efforts in Monetization. You will need to independently liaise with multiple product teams to understand their roadmaps and requirements, and develop operational strategies to meet their needs. This is an exciting and impactful space, working to develop cutting edge technology that delivers value to our customers, users and the business.
Project Manager, Product Data Operations Responsibilities:
- Scope and understand product team needs, and translate into efficient, effective operational processes
- Keep abreast of company and product priorities, using strategic insights to influence decision-making at the individual and program area level
- Directly manage and monitor the day-to-day tasks, workflows, and metrics of vendor teams responsible for data labeling efforts
- Proactively identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable solutions
- Partner with product teams to understand longer term operational requirements to enable PDO to develop operational and vendor strategies
- Independently liaise with multiple stakeholders to drive projects forward in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Maintain strong, efficient communication between multiple stakeholders across timezones
- Help establish team goals and work with multiple stakeholders on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and reporting results
- Lead and mentor other individuals on the team
- 8+ years of industry experience in a consumer-oriented product environment, consulting, operations, or project management role
- Experience working in highly cross-functional environments in leadership roles
- Experience in drafting communications skills and collaborative conflict resolution
- Experience with data-driven decision making and problem solving
- Experience developing novel solutions to complex, ambiguous problems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of Meta products
- Proven history of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Operations Management, or a related field
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning
- Experience with human labeling and/or data collection operations
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.