A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Design Project Manager is responsible for the successful management and execution of new custom cell culture media and sterile liquid projects that require the ability to deliver a complex integrated solution to the customer. The Design Project Manager in collaboration with Product Design Engineers and the customer writes the scope of work, outlines the costs, recommends the sales price, and defines the delivery timeline for these new custom products. Design Project Managers provide the key internal intelligence to be assured that a project is suitable for the site and business unit. The Design Project Managers work closely with Sales Development, Field Marketing, Customer Services, and Operations to deliver the first full scale GMP or Immediate Advantage products per agreed timelines and with the agreed product attributes. This position has direct impact on the Process Solutions Business Unit's and Life Sciences' growth and revenue targets and market penetration in the global biopharma market.
This position may include up to 10% travel
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Business or related discipline
- 3+ years project management experience involving successful management of projects, resources, timelines, budgets and coordinating between functional groups
- 3+ years industrial experience in custom pharmaceutical, biotech or fine chemical industry
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences or Business Discipline
- Project Management certification (PMP, Prince2, etc.)
- Experience with direct customer interactions through a support or sales role
- Understanding of industrial large molecule drug production
- Practical knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques
- Understanding of department functions/roles and project timing
- Knowledge of company capabilities and understanding of various divisions, departments, GMP and/or other relevant quality systems with strong evidence of collaborating in a matrix environment
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. Establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company
- General financial knowledge and business acumen
- Excellent organizational, decision making and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to do so
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe
- Thorough understanding software tools such as MS Office Suite, MRP systems, and project management software
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219134
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time