Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a SCADA Project Engineer, you will be on the construction team responsible for the engineering, procurement and commissioning of supervisory control & data acquisition (SCADA) systems and associated communications infrastructure related to cutting-edge renewable energy projects. You will be responsible for coordinating with multiple stakeholders to develop conceptual designs. You will be responsible for managing the procurement, final detailed designs, commissioning, and acceptance testing on renewable energy projects. The SCADA & IT systems of these projects may include RTACs, RTUs, plant controllers, network switches, firewalls, annunciators, HMIs and all associated connectivity on wind, solar and battery storage renewable energy projects.
- Specification and configuration of SCADA, power plant controller, RTU, & IT equipment
- Develop conceptual project designs that comply with all critical stakeholder and interconnection requirements
- Creation of conceptual block diagrams
- Conduct thorough reviews of detailed design drawings
- Track design schedules, update all stakeholders and ensure that critical dates are met on time.
- Organize and transfer all as-built documentation to operations team including schematics, bills of materials, and programming settings
- Coordinate the procurement and installation of necessary telecom services.
- Interface with plant controller manufacturers, transmission operators, generator owners and operators to configure systems as needed.
- Coordinate networking equipment configuration including specifying physical interfaces and protocols, assigning IP addresses, and administration of firewall rules.
- Monitor construction progress remotely and via on-site inspections. Support resolution of any field issues. Attend in-person meetings with stakeholders. Provide on-site programming and field support during commissioning.
- Verify that all applicable NERC requirements are considered and fulfilled.
- Lead efforts with project team to develop operational plans to energize, commission, and turnover projects while maintaining NERC compliance.
- Coordinate with independent engineers and project partners to effectively navigate the technical due diligence process.
- Assist in the development of new projects by analyzing conceptual designs and RFQ specifications.
- Coordinate with operations engineering and third party customers to incorporate lessons learned into new designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry technology through various training sessions and conferences
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree.
- Knowledge of generation SCADA systems acquired through 3 to 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of both the physical and software aspects of networking equipment that connect renewable energy assets Advanced knowledge and programming of SCADA, HMI, PLC platforms
- Experience and familiarity with various industrial communication protocols and architectures such as OPC, DNP3, ModBus and EGD.
- Experience with HV/MV electrical infrastructure (substations/switchyards, distribution systems, transmission lines, transformers, relays, meters, CTs, and PTs)
- Prior installation, commissioning and site construction experience in renewable power generation
- Experience working on GE WindSCADA, GE WindCONTROL, SEL RTAC, GPM SCADA, and/ or GPM PPC is preferred
- Working knowledge of NERC compliance for low impact cyber systems
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Considerable knowledge in computer and server operation.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Up to 25% travel required.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.