Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
* Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
* Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
* Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
* Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
* Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
* Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
* Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
* Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
* Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains project data base
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's or Master of Science in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline
* 3-5 years of experience working in manufacturing automation
* Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools
* AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Inventor knowledge and experience
* Strong understanding and implementation of;
* Control schematic and wiring diagrams
* Control Panel layout and design
* Instrumentation and Controls
* Electrical and Mechanical schematics
* Read Blueprints
* Industrial electrical design practices and safety standards
* Experience in Robotics programming and interfacing, primarily Siemens and ABB
* Experience offering remote support over the phone
* Requirements analysis
* Design skills
* Project management
* Manufacturing methods and procedures
* Process improvement
* Technical understanding
* Documentation skills
* Safety management
* Smartsheet/MS Project
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision
* PLC automation - Primarily Siemens S7;
* HMI design and programming - Primarily Siemens
* VFD configuration and commissioning, primarily SEW integrated with S7
* Valid electrical license
* Ability to work cross-functionally
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under time constraints
* Strong attention to detail, precise, problem solving and time management skills
* Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!