A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Project Engineer with the Hometown Facility Maintenance team, you will lead project planning and execution activities aimed at supporting Operations at the Hometown Plant. These types of projects require selection of execution strategy, process scope development, estimating, project planning, hazard review, detailed design, contractor selection, construction management, safety management, commissioning, and startup.
To succeed in this role, you will need to leverage your excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams at the site and within the corporate office. You will need to translate complex issues into actionable concepts and will be counted upon to solve unique or complex project management issues. Since a major determinant of project success is optimally leveraging internal and external resources, you will also need to continuously support assessment of technical capabilities of engineers, suppliers, and contractors.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Define, plan, execute, and control Capital and Expense projects. Align Project schedules with Budget to spend 100% prior to yearend without any overrun in spending
- Resolve all issues impacting project budget and schedule
- Effectively communicate and coordinate project tasks with plant operating areas, contractors, and vendors
- Become functionally competent in all site safety and environmental policies and procedures to enable effective oversight of contractor activities, including special permitting
- Facilitate SAP Equipment, Maintenance Plan and Hardgoods Request submittals for assigned Projects using a Risk Based Inspection process
- Advocate Design for Maintenance concept
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in executing small to large capital projects (up to $1MM) using various execution strategies including use of contract engineering design, construction, and procurement (EPC)
- 2+ years of experience in industrial process plant construction and construction safety practices, chemical piping, and equipment installation practices
What we offer:
- PMP certificate
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM requirements and direct experience in chemical plant safety programs
- Knowledge of robust project engineering systems as well as strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of executing specialty materials manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations while maintaining expected cost, schedule, quality, and scope
- Proven experience as a member of an engineering or maintenance team, helping to identify solutions and develop engineering resources to satisfy customer needs
- Demonstrate a wide range of PC software skills to effectively manage project schedules and spending
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220190
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time