The Ideal Candidate for this position would be passionate about social issues and data analysis.
Operations Management Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed by the Senior Administrative Director and/or the Chief of Urology, the operations coordinator will plan, manage, and execute multiple operations-oriented projects simultaneously.
- Move projects forward in a timely manner while adhering to deliverable deadlines.
- Capability to troubleshoot or accommodate sudden issues or new changes pertaining to projects as they arise in and out of the ambulatory clinic setting.
- Plan, manage and execute all quality improvement initiatives as directed by Sr. Administrative Director and/or the Chief of Urology.
- Applies an understanding of medical office/clinic operations and project management competencies to all responsibilities within the scope of the project.
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced expertise in project management as well as administrative and supervisory skills.
- Ability to run reports; collect and analyze data on a variety of data collection modalities requiring an intermediate proficiency in finance and healthcare accounting.
- Ability to perform cost analysis subject to time periods and constraints (income statement, cash flow, etc.) and annual financial reports for the Division; financial planning for new clinic spaces, and other types of analyses that correlate directly to schedule optimization and care coordination.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of project management capabilities including operations methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage stakeholders in program management Division-wide.
- Expectation to work from BWH main campus 3x weekly. Ability to travel to satellite clinics as needed.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible Division-wide for all Sponsored Staff candidates including but not limited to, submission of appropriate and required documents, communications with international program's specialists, point of contact for all sponsored staff candidates, coordination among candidates and BWH clinical staff, and liaising of candidates upon arrival as needed.
- Mastery of POLR: will require ability to run reports in POLR database as requested by the Director or Division Chief.
- Composition of accurate and detailed presentations inclusive of advanced visual aids intended for division-wide utilization and other managerial purposes.
- Showcases proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, most notably use of advanced features on Microsoft Excel (such as pivot tables) as applicable to certain projects and initiatives.
- Capability to perform Administrative Assistant II duties as assigned.
Prostate Cancer Outreach Clinic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the clinical supervision of the Division's Medical Director of Clinical Operations, candidate will supervise the Division's equity outreach clinic in conjunction with the Division's community health worker and patient safety net team.
- Works with third-party collaborators in addition to senior leadership within the MGB organization.
- Performs administrative duties II duties inclusive of scheduling patients, fielding patient inquiries, and meeting coordination among a variety of stakeholders.
- Data collection for research; completion of CITI trainings for IRB approval, utilization of REDCap database.
- Composition of patient and provider facing educational material.
- Supervisor and direct report for clinic's MGB-affiliated community health worker.
- Main liaison among all clinic team members.
- Responsible for coordination of all community outreach efforts and partnerships/collaborations among third parties involved.
- Will be expected to learn and retain moderate-level urologic oncology and general medical terminology.
- To perform duties and ensure successful long-term practices among all clinic initiatives, time outside of scheduled work hours may be required.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Master's degree in Public Health or Health Administration preferred.
- Prior project management and supervisory experience with a minimum of 1-3 years; preferably in a healthcare and/or educational setting.
- Certificate in Operations Management preferred.
- Strong ability to make decisions and to work independently, only escalating issues to supervisors as needed.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and organize information.
- Proficiency with computers including word processing and data entry.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to interrelate with a wide range of personalities from both inside and outside of the Hospital.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other access databases.
Phone/videoconferencing skills: Ability to use phone system and/or videoconference modality to connect with various teams and division cohorts as needed.
Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate courteously, clearly, and concisely.
Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly fashion. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memorandum, or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages. May respond directly on behalf of manager/provider without direction or instruction.
System Skills: Ability to type and enter data accurately and at a more advanced level. Intermediate level computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate information
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.