We are seeking a Project Coordinator with at least 2 years of project management or contract fulfillment experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This is position is based at the ACT Headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa.
The project coordinator is responsible for ensuring operational deliverables are fulfilled for state and/or district or other products and programs. This position works closely with others within the organization and with external stakeholders as well.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Develop and maintain knowledge of product operational deliverable details necessary to articulate processes to clients.
- Ensure Business Requirement Documents appropriately reflect the deliverables to be provided for assigned contracts.
- Ensure Master Product Schedules accurately reflect agreed to contract deliverables and ensure that clients understand the deliverable schedule(s).
- Collaborate with area subject matter experts, across supply chain operations, to determine if non-standard operational requests may be fulfilled.
- Collaborate with assigned business partners or Program Managers to inform project schedules and agendas as well as contract services changes and invoicing.
- Engage in product incident response team and be able to articulate appropriate contract specific details that may impact incident response team decisions.
- Ensure operational public facing documents & internal resources accurately reflect the details of assigned contracts.
- Able to identify, and willingness to lead, continuous improvement activities related to systems, processes and/or procedures.
- Ensure contract training activities are fulfilled.
- May represent ACT in public forms, conferences with clients, including participation in client meetings as the operational subject matter expert.
- Perform user acceptance testing on systems, and coordinate production quality control checks to ensure system is functioning correctly for assigned contracts.
It's a plus if you have:
- Demonstrated strong prioritization and organization skills, including analytical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Good project management skills, including being able to create project schedules with detailed tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Strong collaborative and facilitative skills
- Highly self-motivated and proven ability to take initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business or operations program management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 2 years of project management or contract fulfillment experience
- Experience with technology and systems, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com, MS Project Schedule and assessment delivery systems
Your Work Makes a Difference
- Experience in the assessment industry
- Expertise in continuous improvement, such as Lean
- Understanding of Agile methodology
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a well-established} ACT business unit and be part of a hard-working team working.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!