Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Project Control Analyst with an engineering service background to join our dynamic team in Nashville, TN. Primary responsibilities would be assisting project manager(s) with maintaining project financial metrics for a large client account. Specific tasks would include tracking project cost against budget including committed and expensed costs and allocation to WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), recommending variance recovery plans, preparing associated internal and client documentation, and communicating / coordinating with the Project Manager, internal process staff, and the client to facilitate necessary changes. Responsibilities will include preparing preliminary invoices and coordinating to finalize for submittal. In this role you will work closely with the client's primary Project Manager and Client Account Manager or his/her designee, however you will be part of a regional Service Line within the Mississippi Valley and may occasionally assist other Project Managers. This position includes an opportunity to also support the Service Line Lead with Profit/Loss center financial management, including monthly reporting, forecasting, and assistance with budgeting.
This position is an opportunity to work with a high-energy group of individuals and a long-term, well-established client and to assist with project financial management as well as operational financial management for a diverse regional team.
- Serve as the Project Financial Control Analyst for current and future project(s) for a long-term transportation client
- Requires exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, and general accounting and financial management software
- Review financial status of multiple projects to forecast potential variance risks
- Assists with the preparation of estimated cost of variances for change management
- Assists in the maintenance of the project cash flow as required by the organization
- Processes and tracks budget transfers and change orders
- Assist in change control management and in the forecast analysis for costs
- Verbal and written interface with client, project and account management, internal process staff and operational managers
- Interface between Project Manager and process staff
- Must be able to work effectively / present information in both one-on-one and in collaborative group environments
- Ensure timely preparation of miscellaneous weekly and monthly charts, reports, graphs and contract modification materials in accordance with all internal and contractual requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 year(s) relevant experience in project financials or 3 year(s) experience with relevant bachelor's degree and/or professional training
- Solid knowledge of project management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computer software with experience in MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, and other common business software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.