Posting Number: SRGV5515
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Engineering and Computer Science / Rapid Response Manufacturing Cntr
Scope of Job:
programs at UTRGV Center for Advanced Manufacturing Innovation and Cyber Systems. To assist the Director of the center in planning, operation and report for I-DREAM4D national consortium for Defense Manufacturing funded by Department of Defense and the Department of Energy.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates student internship programs to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives in grants.
• Supervises assigned day to day activities and personnel of the assigned program.
• Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration of the education, outreach, exposure, and engagement programs; coordinates program activities.
• Performs on-site reviews and reports activities and resolutions of project operating issues with project staff.
• May represent the center and the consortium in official functions.
• Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective; recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activities and ensure that objective is attained.
• Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and presentations.
• Prepares recurring program reports for management use or as required for projects or programs.
• Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objective of the program.
• Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
• Assist in developing and maintaining database on education and research studies.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the center and the consortium.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university
- One (1) year of general office experience or experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
- Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
- Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.Working Conditions:
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office, classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.Other:
Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.Physical Capabilities:
Commensurate with ExperiancePosted Salary:
Commensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date:
12/02/2021Grant Funded Position:
YesIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information:
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/31757
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.