ECS is seeking a Program Manager to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with the full development lifecycle process via different methodologies and of different scales and complexities, including large-scale projects of an enterprise significance.
- Knowledge of project management techniques, tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Able to lead diverse technical teams of various sizes.
- Proficient in all key aspects of a project, including technical, financial, and communication.
- Develop overall work plans, schedules, evaluation criteria, and assist in utilizing resources in the most effective and efficient manner; confer with personnel in feasibility studies, systems, planning equipment scheduling, and activities as assigned.
- Enforce established applications programming, and documentation;
- Review the work effectiveness, task effectiveness and compatibility with other projects in related areas;
- Supervise the preparation and administration of the budget for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Participate in the preparation of the budget;
- Develop, review, and enforce policies, practices and standards, including programming and documentation standards;
- Review technical training needs for subordinate staff, plan activities implement training courses as appropriate and assure attendance by appropriate staff as required;
- Maintain liaison with management and personnel; communicate, coordinate, and cooperate with staff members to assure that the Network and Information Services is operating at maximum efficiency;
- Supervise and participate in the selection, training, and evaluation of staff members; perform related duties as assigned.
- MS Degree and 5+ years IT management and leadership experience, as described below -- OR -- Formal IT Certification Equivalent and 7+ years IT management and leadership experience, as described below
- Project Management Professional (PMP) required
- Experience in the management of leading and guiding technical staff with the familiarity of Agile, Lean, Kanban and DevOps philosophies; experience working with Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) methodology;
- Experience with application system analysis and systems maintenance that involves multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action; experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.