The Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) is the leading national association dedicated to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations of excellence in undergraduate education in service to democracy. Its members are committed to extending the advantages of a liberal education to all students, regardless of academic specialization or intended career. Founded in 1915, AAC&U member institutions include accredited public and private colleges, community colleges, research universities, and comprehensive universities of every type and size.
The office of Diversity, Equity and Student Success, one of four program offices at AAC&U, takes a leading role in activities that advance equity, inclusive excellence, innovation, and student success, especially for groups historically underserved by U.S. higher education.The DESS Program Coordinator works on sponsored projects, including handling logistics, scheduling meetings, managing budgets, and contributing to grant reports and deliverables. The Program Coordinator also handles the logistics and management of the Institute for TRHT Campus Centers.
AAC&U seeks a candidate who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative for the position of Program Coordinator in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Student Success (DESS).
Duties and Responsibilities
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of sponsored projects
- Assist in planning and drafting communications with project participants, senior fellows, funders and other stakeholders through email, correspondence, conference calls, and webinars
- Work efficiently on several projects simultaneously, both independently and within a team, including teams from multiple AAC&U offices
- Manage and monitor project budgets; track ongoing project budget status and providing monthly updates
- Develop and update contracts and overseeing payment of vendors and consultants
- Oversee logistical coordination of project-related activities and events, including hotel accommodations, travel arrangements, catering, etc., for sponsored project meetings and conferences-in coordination with a DESS program assistant
- Coordinate and implement the logistics for the TRHT Institute
- Assist with site location selection, contract negotiation, and all communication with onsite conference services
- Maintain and upload programming and attendance tracking and data entry
- Manage communications with institute mentors and teams
- Provide administrative support for the application and selection process
- Manage the development and distribution of all programming materials within budget guidelines
- Manage technology and website development for the institute
- Assist in the coordination, writing, and editing, and production of materials for DESS programs and projects, including grant proposals, reports, web materials, brochures, and letters; collaborating as needed with the communications office on cover designs, mass mailings, press releases, and other communications.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis for select programs and projects
- Coordinate or manage select projects or project components, including creating and monitoring project work plans and milestones
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity and interest in the scholarship of diversity, equity, and student success with particular emphasis on public higher education at two- and four-year institutions
- Experience in the higher education environment, and involvement and/knowledge of projects related to students, faculty, and staff
- Experience with event planning
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite, Office365 Mail & Box, Nexonia, Skype for Business, and webpage design programs
- Database management skills including familiarity with Excel
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Familiarity with the structure of higher education
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; attentiveness to detail with understanding of the big picture and complex priorities
- Strong ability to develop work plans, set deadlines, work with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously; to set priorities among assignments and produce high-quality results
- Experience maintaining and monitoring budgets
- Familiarity with internet and digital tools and programs
- Familiarity with social networking
- Ability to be flexible in regard to working style and work assignments
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization
At least 2-3 years of work experience in higher education. A bachelor's degree is also required, and a master's degree is a plus.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience to AAC&U, Box DESS, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or to firstname.lastname@example.org
of applications will begin January 15, 2022.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.
This job has expired.