Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Reporting to the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, the Program Administrator for the Office of Diversity & Inclusion will provide administrative and program management support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide operational support to the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI).
* Provide internal and external customer service.
* Oversee daily office management for the DEI office to include developing/maintaining office processes and management of the departmental budget.
* Provide financial management for budgets and accounts in the ODI.
* Create key documents, presentations and communication products for internal and external audiences including materials developed directly for the CDIO.
* Handle meeting and event planning, coordinating, and execution.
* Arrange domestic and international travel, submit expense reports for travel, and coordinate itineraries and schedules.
* Initiate changes and updates to manuals and procedures for the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO).
* Lead and facilitate communication with key stakeholders on collaborative projects, meetings and events.
* Attend DEI sponsored events as required and assist with event coordination.
* Special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Prior office/administrative related experience.
* Desire to work on a diverse team of highly motivated professionals who play an important role in implementing the university's diversity equity & inclusion (DEI) strategy and commitment.
* Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work both independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
* Ability to exhibit tact and discretion with sensitive and confidential matters.
* Comfort interacting with University senior leadership, highly motivated students, and leaders of other Hofstra offices.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Master's Degree.
* Demonstrated knowledge of issues of social justice, diversity, and inclusive excellence as fundamental aspects of academic excellence.
* Proven experience in understanding, or the ability to learn, key diversity, equity, and inclusion terminology and concepts.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with individual and groups.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: JobsODI@hofstra.edu. Please indicate "Program Administrator" in the subject line.
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago