Starting pay is $23.27/hour + shift differential
Shift: 6PM - 6AM
What we offer you:
What you'll do:
- Starting pay is $23.27/hour
- Wage increases every 6 months (May + November)
- Overtime available
- Shift differential
- Outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, short-term disability, graduated vacation, 11 paid holidays, 401k with a 3% match
- All required tools are company provided
- Company paid prescription safety glasses after 90 days
- Steel toed-boots not required
- Not required to wear hair nets, beard nets, uniform, etc.
- Culture of advancement and growth
- We invest in you with on-the-job training and company paid classes
- 6PM - 6AM shift (Train on day shift, 12 hour days, 3 to 4 days a week - Thursday, Friday, Saturday + every other Sunday)
- We care about your safety, which means we do what's needed to protect our employees. Our "Drive to Zero Injuries" initiative makes Silgan the industry leader in safety.
We need you to have:
- Operate the waxers, stackers, load turners, and other associated equipment
- Remove tinplate from oven conveyor
- Prepare materials required for the handling, strapping, wrapping and shipment of coated plate
- Visually inspect production to determine if it is of standard quality
- Notify other operating personnel and/or supervisor of plate with questionable quality
- Record and report production, spoilage and other related items as required
- Visual inspection, DMS data entry, wax coverage check, repair misstacked bundles, and sort plates
Who we are:
- High school diploma/GED
- Can Do, Will Do Attitude
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- America's largest metal food packaging producer.
- A company that strives toward sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint, selecting like-minded suppliers, and providing recyclable products.
- Silgan Containers has set sustainability targets through 2030 to source more renewable energy, reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, and divert our waste from landfill to foster environmental stewardship.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.