REPORTS TO: Production Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Machine Operators (extrusion and/or forming), Packaging Associates
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Production Supervisor is responsible the hands-on oversight of the operation of a production shift in a 24/7 manufacturing environment. Supervise a production team of up to 30 employees including Packaging, Operating and Material Handling associates Responsibilities are to be completed with consideration of safety, cost, efficiency, timeliness and production of a quality product within specifications. This is a highly collaborative position requiring strong organizational, follow up and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct training for safety, process, quality, human resource and company policies.
- Pre-plan and manage daily shift operations including work assignments, rotations, supply and movement of raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensure that production is being performed within specification requirements, according to customer expectations and in a safe and effective manner
- Identify problems in the production process and take corrective action including troubleshooting, coordination with other departments, escalation to members of management and follow through to ensure that the issue reaches resolution.
- Track employees work time including the maintenance of timecards, attendance records, paid and unpaid time off request management and coordination for adequate shift coverage.
- Review, track and report on production and operating data including production results, downtime, scrap and staffing.
- Exemplify and ensure compliance with the requirement of GMP, SPC, SQF, Safety and Standards of Conduct policies and procedures.
- Create a positive work environment by ensuring an "Open Door" culture and fostering the positive exchange of ideas.
- Develop employees for next level opportunities to ensure your and their progression within the organization.
- Participate in the performance management process through positive reinforcement, goal-setting and disciplinary action in conjunction with human resources and plant management.
- Utilize work order system to communicated and follow up on maintenance repairs impacting production results.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Manage incident investigation, care management and applications of corrective actions
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Lead and facilitate Tier 1 shift hand-off meetings.
- Provide coverage as needed to support absences or vacations as they arise.
- Ability to assist in the execution, development and maintenance of continuous improvement projects from conception through to implementation
- Ability to participate and/or foster interdepartmental communication and teamwork.
- Ability to prioritize multi-task duties without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Effective written and verbal communication and the ability to disseminate information in a timely and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet scheduled deadlines, respond to emergency situations without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Communicate regularly and pro-actively with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production.
- Ability to establish and build relationships with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrates the servant leadership values of valuing people, humility, listening, trust and caring toward the employees under their stewardship.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness to employee concerns and ideas for improvement.
- Demonstrates familiarity with finished goods, production supplies and materials, production methods and procedures.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of polymer processing to include extrusion and thermoforming.
- Ability to analyze and apply knowledge of machine/equipment capabilities to maximize production schedules.
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of standard manufacturing business processes.
- Demonstrate ability to initiate and perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action to drive improvement.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance standards and continuously improve upon them.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze statistical data and characteristics.
- Ability to correctly utilize gauging equipment.
Compliance & Regulatory:
- Ensures receiving, storage and usage procedures of production materials or supplies are completed in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Maintain required records and documentation, as related to materials and supplies, for internal/external audit requirements including SPC, GMP, SQF and customer specific (Panda Express, Yum).
- Ensure compliance and train employees on standard operational procedures in relation to SPC program, polices, procedures and third party GMP audits.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with all Company policies and procedures and to uphold, support and exemplify the safety programs and standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of the key components that comprise an effective plant wide safety program along with the ability to lead, develop and drive world class safety performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory position.
- Education or a degree in a relevant field a plus.
- Knowledge of the Plastics Industry processes and equipment, specifically extrusion and thermoforming strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of raw material and production supplies utilized in the production of finished goods.
- Knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with database applications.
- Basic understanding of plastic physical properties and behaviors
ADA - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to:
- Work a rotating 12-hour day or night shift with overtime as required.
- stand and/or walk constantly
- Sit occasionally
- Speak and hear constantly
- Use of fingers, hands and arms constantly
, Montgomery, Alabama 36064
3255 Thomason Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36108
This job has expired.