Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 77,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 12.0 billion in 2019 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 16 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- Track and maintain maximum utilization of all allocated resources including personnel, equipment, material, and other expenses.
- Adhere to established annual goals including continuous improvement of all key production figures.
- Organize the workforce through proper distribution to ensure that production objectives and customer demands are being met.
- Stop process if quality, safety, or environmental problems occur.
- Organize/maintain training for production workforce to maximize safety and production.
- Build a safe, improvement-focused operation, through a workforce empowered by comprehensive training, effective communications, clear operating goals, and recognitions for achievement.
- Maintain introduced standards including but not limited to "first piece inspection."
- Make certain that all production equipment is available.
- Maintain all production parameters.
- Responsible for OEE.
- Support new product launches by assisting with the implementation of manufacturing procedures for new operations.
- Recommend, implement, and carry out personnel changes within area of responsibility; i.e. promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, shift changes, additions, and performance/wage adjustment issues.
- Ensure consistency and compliance to plant policy and safety procedures.
- Demonstrate open communication and teamwork at all levels.
- Interface as needed on production and program issues as well as discussions regarding plant facilities, capital equipment replacements, and new process and tooling requirements.
- Back-up for Shift/Production supervisors during absences/vacations/etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Management preferred.
- Five to ten years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Three to five years of supervisory responsibility for a manufacturing production line.
- Strong analytical skills. (e.g. program management or logistics background.)
- Experience in engine cooling module design and assembly strongly preferred.
- Hands-on knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, OEE, and production systems.
- Familiarity with time keeping systems, computerized production systems, Lotus Notes applications, and Microsoft Office software programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership and employee development skills.
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.