Location: Lenexa, KS
· Sign-on Bonus totaling $2000
· Overtime Potential!
· Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting Day 1!
· 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
· Day and Night shifts available- 12 hr shifts.
· Schedule assignment is determined by plant needs and confirmed during an interview.
Candidate Process: Please note-communications will be through email and text. Ensure you have access to a valid email
· Qualified applicants will receive an email to schedule an onsite interview
· Post-Offer Background Check required*
This person will work on our Dot's Pretzels production team. Our facility is a fast-paced factory environment. There are two departments that this position will work in, our mixing and packaging departments. This person will need to be able to accurately package and store food products, mix and bake food products, maintain a clean work area, following all health and safety regulations, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all SOPs and SSOPs to keep consistent product quality
- Fill out all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow all FDA health and OSHA safety regulations
- Assist with production line
- Hit and exceed daily packaging targets
- Load and unload pretzels from storage
- Monitor that all ingredients are available or need to be ordered
- Perform prep work for the day
- Measure amounts of ingredients and mix together
- Place mixture in oven and monitor baking time and temperature
- Monitor that product is removed when finished and cooled, stored, and labeled properly
- Feed items onto equipment for processing and run equipment
- Measure pretzels to go in correct bag sizes
- Ensure that all documentation is filled out accurately at each step of the process
- Check quality and identify any damaged or defective product
- Evaluate quality of ingredients and finished product
- Check equipment and perform maintenance if necessary
- Maintain a clean work area
- Ensure baking area is cleaned and sanitized every day
- Recognize and pull inadequate product off of the line
- Record inventory counts of bags processed
- Take instructions from supervisors on each shift
- Ensure that any equipment malfunction is immediately reported
- Maintain a neat work environment and clean area at end of shift
- Ensure that finished product is stored correctly
- Be a self-starter; ability to work independently as well as with other personnel and management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the company's policies, procedures, and practices.
- Represent self and company in a professional and positive manner.
- Organize and attend required company meetings and training and participate in constructive discussion.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds repetitively
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand on your feet for an entire shift
- Exposed to food production environment and warehouse environment which may involve noise and fluctuating temperatures.
- Candidate must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Experience in a manufacturing/food manufacturing environment
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF) practices and Food Safety requirement and documentation practices
- Experience with Autonomous Maintenance (AM) / Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS) such as SAP / LPR
- Lift up to 50 lbs, with or without accommodation
- Work around operating equipment, stand, reach, stoop, crawl, bend and climb ladders
- Work from heights and in confined spaces
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms
- Work in variable temperatures (60-100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Walking and standing for the majority of the shift
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).