Job ID: 283580
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 250 operating locations and approximately 8,400 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and throughout Europe.
Responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to maintenance, clean up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, material handling, and other.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Keeps work area clean
- Uses security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
Utility / Production Equipment
- Clean up to keep machinery and maintain the surrounding area keeping them free of debris up during downtime
- Cleans machines and conveyors
- Cleans floors and picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Assists lead operator in preparing for shift production
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation machine in which you assist
- Operate a variety of hand tools
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10's and 100's
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
What CRH Americas Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. from ground level
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fontana Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Industrial, Laborer, Temporary, Warehouse, General Labor, Manufacturing, Engineering, Contract
This job has expired.