The Product Safety & Compliance Engineer will integrate the elements of product safety into product manuals and other forms of technical communication. Provide leadership and technical resources during the product design phase, testing, and manufacturing of products to ensure compliance with applicable health and safety standards and regulations worldwide. Develop and maintain product safety and instruction signs, training programs, and other safety communication systems for company products.
Location(s): Johnson Creek, WI; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Hybrid Eligible
Role & Responsibility
Integrate Elements of Product Manuals and Other Forms of Product Safety in Technical Communication:
Leader and Technical Resource for Product Safety and Compliance:
- Provide technical resources during the development of owners/service/parts manuals, and other product communication forms
- Ensure information results in effective safety communication
- Initiate/ participate in the development and revisions of product safety instructions
- Participate in the development/ revision of safety training videos and programs for company products
Product Liability Claims and Lawsuits:
- Conduct and participate in engineering design reviews with cross-functional departments
- Provide technical resources for integrating product safety into new/existing product designs and processes
- Support the development of product standards and ensure that products comply with standards and regulations worldwide
- Communicate cross-functionally with the need for design or process changes that promote product safety
- Provide leadership and assist in the implementation of design and process changes to promote product safety
- Assist in the defense of product liability claims and lawsuits
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Agriculture, Electrical, Mechanical, or General) or related fields
- Experience Required: 5 - 15 years
- Travel Required: 10-24%
- Experience in the operation of off-highway equipment
- Strong applied mechanical and engineering skills and a willingness to use them
- Understanding of the theory and design of company products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Competency with MS Office Suite
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed fostering an inclusive and a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
This job has expired.