The Product Environmental Compliance Technician will support Materials Science/Product Environmental Compliance Engineers Globally responsible for covering all aspects of materials regulatory compliance for new and existing products requiring compliance to RoHS2, REACH and other global materials regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Gathering - Kollmorgen Bills of Material, Supplier Contact Information, Supplier Declarations of Compliance, other information as assigned
- Data Review - Review gathered data for completeness, accuracy, and format
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure accurate Supplier Contact Information
- Uploading data to 3 rd party service providers for collection of Supplier Declarations
- Maintaining Data used by 3 rd party service providers
- Working with the Kollmorgen IT Team to store and maintain compliance documentation
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Familiarity with the chemistry and compounds used in electrical and mechanical systems
- IT and computer skills aimed to working with data
- Excel (VBA macros, knowledge of Excel functions, formatting etc.)
- Well organized with good communication skills in English
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering and Technical drawings.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects
- Able to work on-line in support of Product Environmental Compliance Engineers Globally
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision and within time limits.
- Requires a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Physical Demand and Work Environment: WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Associates Degree or higher is preferred
- 3 years minimum experience in a production environment, preferably of electric motors and/or drives
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Functional knowledge of Oracle MRP System
Work-related hazards may include working with chemicals. Working in the laboratory or on the manufacturing floor requires wearing common protective and safety equipment.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands are necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be trained to operate an overhead crane and other lifting equipment.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.