A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a Device Development Engineer to work within MilliporeSigma Process Solutions Filtration R&D. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus. As part of our R&D organization, the successful candidate will be developing novel products used to process and purify biopharmaceutical products. This individual will apply solid engineering principles to conceptualize, design and create both products and manufacturing processes in a collaborative environment. Work cross-functionally with a team that includes R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Sales, Quality and Procurement to drive product ideas through development and validation phases to achieve successful commercialization.
Who You Are:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or Materials Science with 7+ years industrial experience
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or Materials Science with 4+ years industrial experience
- Knowledgeable in sensor technology such as mass flow, pH or conductivity and/or incorporation of in-line process instrumentation is highly desirable
- Knowledge of XLM scripting is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to function as R&D Technical Leader of multifunctional product Development Team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to drive for solutions to complex problems
- Hands-on technical skills in a lab environment with a high level of mechanical aptitude
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate technical information to different parts of our organization and customers
- Knowledge of filtration products, processes and applications is a plus
- Medical device or biopharmaceutical industry experience is a plus
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Have proven track record of innovation and success in conceptualization and execution of technology or product development projects
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220136
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time