A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Procurement Specialist at MilliporeSigma reports to the Logistics Supervisor. In this role you will collaborate with inventory management, shipping and accounting at the Woodlands site to efficiently drive local savings and contribute to the over-all global savings plan. You will create positive and productive vendor relationships and negotiate, all while maximizing corporate initiatives to ensure the optimal financial results. The Procurement Specialist is the first point of entry into the Procurement organization. This individual will quickly understand the operations process flow. This includes how information is provided to Procurement as well as the impact it has on other departments within the global organization. The Procurement Specialist plans, and purchases material as required using the current ERP systems to support supply chain activities and collaborates with suppliers and internal customers to ensure business success. The Purchasing Specialist is also responsible for various administrative tasks including ordering office and any site required supplies.
- Utilize current ERP systems
- Provide daily troubleshooting on Purchasing Issues
- Research and help identify problems while working with the teams to provide resolution
- Resolve all receiving and invoicing discrepancies from suppliers
- Update and maintain purchasing records as required in ERP systems
- Review and complete appropriate system training.
- Convert requisitions into purchase orders in ERP systems (including raw materials, finished goods, subcontracted materials, custom orders and blanket releases).
- Provide necessary support to primary activities or operations when required: including, but not limited to, ordering spare parts, engineering parts, global materials, and general support for the site
- Maintain accurate standard costs of materials ordered
- Proactively ensure material is delivered on time
- Acknowledge order placement with suppliers for order acceptance and delivery confirmation
- Handle returns to suppliers
- Approve invoices for purchased items or vendor services
- Create reports to provide required data
- Add new materials and request material MRP revisions to the material master group
- Add new vendor and request vendor data revisions to the vendor master group
- Request for quotes, information, and proposals
- Process material change system forms for changes to materials in ERP systems
- Review and qualify new suppliers according to standard operating procedures
- Identify secondary or more suppliers for single supplier sourced materials and all consumables (plastics)
- Keep the primary and secondary supplier list current at Material level
- Discuss and work closely with warehouse team
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies to reduce or eliminate those constraints (i.e. bulk size, availability, fill time, warehouse space)
- Review supplier performance on a monthly basis.
- Manage the approved master supplier lists with collaboration of quality team, request questionnaires, change requests, ISO certificates etc. with the supplier, and provide annual supplier performance reports
- Perform all tasks in accordance with site policies, procedures, regulatory and ISO requirements as applicable and demonstrate capabilities through current training records
- Perform administrative tasks as required by Site Director or Logistics Supervisor
- Manage contractor tasks for vending machine, janitorial supplies, lab coats, office, and break room supply (i.e. coffee)
Who you are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Lift 25 lbs. independently
- 3+ years of full-time purchasing experience OR in the supply chain area
- Bachelor's in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related discipline OR 4+ years of logistics, planning, purchasing work experience
- Previous Project Management experience
- SAP experience
- Good analytical business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong mathematical background, knowledge of the metric system and conversion of those units of measure.
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents)
- Apparent negotiation Skills
- Excellent communication
- Project Management skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Knowledge of current purchasing principles, methods and techniques
- Experience and knowledge in Materials Requirements Planning and planning practices
- Technical proficiency with appropriate procurement systems, analytical tools, and communication tools (Excel, Access, Word, Project, Visio)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219175
Location: The Woodlands
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time