Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
The Procurement Manager will lead a seasoned team of Buyers, and Supply Chain Analysts who purchase direct materials, capital equipment and MRO. This leadership position oversees the development and execution of best-in-class, just-in-time supply chain disciplines associated with managing our purchased materials to support production schedules and customer requirements.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Minimum of 5 years of related progressive procurement management experience in a JIT manufacturing environment
· Minimum of 5 years of directly managing high-performance individuals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with ERP planning and procurement modules (JDE preferred)
· 10 plus years of experience in supply chain management in the home improvement industry is desired
· 5 years or more experience in leading a Procurement team of 7-10 employees is desired
· Demonstrated performance results in the area of best-in-class supply chain management. (Ability to deliver results that impact the bottom line will be considered over simply years of experience)
* Complete understanding of MRP in both principle and practice
* Ability to deal with supply chain issues requiring in-depth evaluation of various factors and complexity
* Ability to meet or exceed internal and external customer needs consistently with little to no follow-up required
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting normal daily objectives.
* Possess strong management skills including team development, interpersonal relationships flexibility, problem solving, decision making, coaching and feedback
* Strong command of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
* Basic personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus
* A bachelor's degree in Business Management or technical business related field is preferred
* Develop and implement procurement strategies that enhance the competitive advantage of both American Woodmark and its customers
* Implement "best in class" transaction reduction programs to optimize resources and build efficiencies into the procurement process
* Act as a risk manager in the development and maintenance of strategic supplier relationships
* Investigate and implement new methods of purchasing commodities and services to reach and maintain inventory targets and market competitiveness
* Lead or participate in various procurement projects as required
* Act as mentor and advisor to staff and subordinates to resolve supply chain, production, and technical problems
* Perform "what if" and post activity/event analyses as tools for continuous improvement
* Assist the Director of Procurement in reaching departmental business goals and objectives
* Act as a liaison between the Procurement and Global Sourcing teams to ensure supplier quality and on time delivery meet production needs
* Work closely with internal customers and external suppliers to identify, assess, and improve weaknesses in the supply chain and supply chain process
* Perform other duties as required or assigned
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* This position will lead a Procurement team of 7-10 employees
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand.
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
* Reports to: Director of Procurement
* Occasional weekend work may be required.
* Travel Requirements:
* Occasional travel (10-20%) is required to manufacturing locations.
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled