GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking to fill the role of Lithography Process Engineer. The process engineer position reports directly to a functional area module manager in Fab8 in Malta, NY. The engineer will have a large range of responsibilities for sustaining high volume manufacturing as well as new technology development. The engineer will manage a variety of tasks and projects for both sustaining and improving yield, cost and on-time delivery consistent with the Fab8 business objectives.
In your role you are responsible for the following. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Plan and execute continuous improvement projects to increase yield, productivity and cost effectiveness specifically around TEL/SEMES track applications and well as photochemical usage
- Engage in proactive teamwork to support cross functional milestones through collaboration with quality, equipment, integration and operations engineering teams
- Mentor and train technicians on shift in order to support quality and delivery metrics for 24x7 fab operations
- Execute strategy projects for improvement of sustaining of operations through monitoring of statistical process control (SPC) charts and disposition of out of spec material
- Drive process improvements for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills
- Support the process; planning and quality organizations to ensure the equipment meet the cost, quality and reliability metrics
- Drive new technology insertion and improve process robustness by providing technical solutions for process related yield problems
- Achieve customer on-time delivery and cycle time commitments through tool qualification and runpath management with manufacturing operations
- Use Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to assess and mitigate risk for process changes
- Evaluate toolsets and upgrades in order to define best selection for Fab 8 ramp-up
- Lead troubleshooting task forces and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence for excursion incidents (using such methods as 8D)
- Drive process and technology transfer from customers and other GLOBALFOUNDRIES fabs to Fab8 and well and new technology development for 14nm and beyond
- Support Fab8's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum 5 years of Semiconductor experience
- Fluency in English Language written & verbal
- 7+ years' experience as lithography process engineer or track equipment engineer
- Expertise in photolithography chemical material quality, defectivity troubleshooting, joint material evaluation with suppliers
- Applications experience with TEL Tracks including but not limited to recipe development, WIS optimization, defectivity troubleshooting, throughput optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions
- Statistical Data Analysis program experience and or other programing language experience (such as Jump, Matlab, Origin, Python, etc.) is preferred
- Individuals must be willing to work a compressed shift for the first 6 months during training
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.