Process Engineer shall utilize engineering principles, processes, and methods to meet customer-based quality standards in a cost-effective manner. Resolves technical problems that affect schedule in support of the manufacturing and product development plans. Develops and implements processes that are capable and in-control by the application of statistical tools. Manages cross-functional teams and projects and is responsible for delivering timely and quality service to both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Obey safety rules and promote plant safety initiatives
* Manage team resources to complete team assignments on time and within budget
* Create and maintain certification project schedules, resource assignments, and budgets
* Analyze process variations and develop solutions leading to the implementation of sustainable corrective actions
* Establish/improve inspection, manufacturing, safety, and standard procedures
* Develop and maintain machine and process set-up sheets
* Lead problem-solving teams to reduce process variation, reduce and eliminate process waste, & reduce and prevent non-conforming product returns
* Lead continuous-improvement teams that directly supports Carlisle's Operating System (COS)
* Write, maintain, and update PFMEAs
* Support the factory operational technology team by learning and applying Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory Automation techniques
* Support and maintain operational technology systems and applications through use of Labview, Shopview, SAP and Power BI applications
* Participate in value-stream teams, productivity, product quality, safety, and waste meetings within area of responsibility
* Manage and lead new-product development projects and teams
* Lead capital projects and write authorization for capital expenditure (ACE) requests
* Apply knowledge of electrical & optical signal transmission principles and their relationship to product characteristics and process impact
* Mentor and coach engineers and engineering technicians for successful completion of assigned projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle IT is a clean facility housing different kind of machinery, equipment, processes and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Occasional domestic and international overnight travel may be required to support design reviews and customer visits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Related field.
* Education may be substituted with ,a minimum of, 5 years of CIT Engineering Technician experience with a demonstrated functional knowledge of processes and materials as well as a functional knowledge of all Engineering/Factory reporting methods. Once trained, able to complete day to day tasks with little supervision, can manage a project but may require guidance and oversight on more complex projects.
* Previous engineering co-op experience in an applicable field.
* Able to participate in and advise cross functional project teams. Basic knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Tools.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. The employee must have a working comprehension of the English language complimented with workplace levels of grammar, composition, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong project management skills
* MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams
* Skilled in the use of 2D and/or 3D design software a plus
* Proficient in Labview, Shopview, SAP and Power BI applications
* Solid presentation skills
* Adept at prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and responsive environment
* Self-directed and resourceful in managing projects and completing tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 40 minutes ago
Posted 39 minutes ago
Posted 39 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!