- Evaluate and provide guidance on the privacy implications of youth products, services, features, education, and controls
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective representation of Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, data security and other technology issues
- Consult with external youth privacy experts to improve our approach to building youth products and effectively represent Facebook's perspective on smart regulation of youth privacy and how this is reflected in our products and practices
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience with privacy, data security, or technology policy issues (2+ years with advanced degree in similar field)
- Experience counseling clients around privacy, data security, or policy issues and managing multiple business priorities
- JD or equivalent, MPP, or technical degree
- Experience with privacy and/or public policy issues related to minors
- Experience working directly with executives to support business decision making
- Working familiarity with privacy legislative frameworks
- Experience with creating policy analysis and public presentation
- Experience planning and executing cross-functional initiatives
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.